Princeton Public Library
Princeton Public Library is marking Inauguration with day long events. The library organized a similar event on the Election Day which was well received by the community. Town Topics quotes Library Director Leslie Burger as saying “…We had a request from the community to gather again during the inauguration”.
On Tuesday January 20, beginning at 11 am public could come to view the events on the large screen in the Community Room. Several scholars will speak about the inaugural events events and participate in the conversation. Coffee and tea will be served during the talk at 11:30am. After the event there would be additional opportunities to discuss and comment.
I consider Princeton Library one of the great assets of this town contributing greatly to the quality of life of Princeton residents. When clients ask me why Princeton is a great place to live I site Public Library as one of such reasons for me.
Another Inauguration event is planned for Robeson Center. A reception called “Let the trumpet sound” will be held on January 20, 11:30am -2pm for the community members to mark the Inauguration of Barack Obama. The reception will offer trumpet fanfare, light refreshments, as well as viewing the ceremonies on the TV.
Princeton NJ Community Events Update – Weeks of January 12- January January 24, 2009
Princeton NJ is a vibrant community with lots of events cultural, political, and fun. Next week several events are planned to mark Barack Obama’s Inauguration. Here are some of of what’s going on in Princeton.
1. The Arts Council Of Princeton is planning an event in honor of Martin Luther King for children on January 19, 2-5 pm at the Paul Robeson Center For the Arts at 102 Witherspoon Street.
2. Central New Jersey residents could participate in a telephone town hall meeting with Representative Rush Holt on January 15th, at 7 pm.
3. Planned Parenthood is planning to event on January 17, from 11am to 1pm to mark the 36 anniversary of the Supreme Court decision Roe vs. Wade. The participants are to meet at Monument Park. To RSVP contact Jennifer at 609-964-7960.
4. Princeton Adult School a program “Second Chance Cinema” a series of thirteen films you missed, but should have seen. To enroll (the course is $80.00) call Princeton Adult School 609-683-1101.
5. Morven Museum & Garden holds Wednesday tours and Tea ($15.00/person, advance reservations required). Their Garden is opened to the public daily and is free.
6. Princeton High School is hosting a Teen Summer Programs Fair on January 21 for 7 pm to 9 pm.
Looking for Hopewell New Jersey homes for sale for $300,000? Less then $500,000? Buyers interested in homes for sale in Hopewell find a large selection of homes in the lower price ranges in a variety of styles.
These homes are on the market for $300,000-$500,000:
Princeton Real Estate has released its report on the real estate in Hopewell, examining 2008 and the previous five years. If you are considering selling your home this year, or are wondering if this is a good opportunity to buy, this report is for you.
Hopewell Real Estate Market – Key Points
- The average price of house sold in 2008 in Hopewell Township and Hopewell Borough (combined) was $518,579 and has decreased 9% compared to 2007.
- The highest average price in the last five years was in 2005, and has declined 9% since that time.
- The numbers of houses sold in 2008 has declined 17% compared to 2007 and 38% compared to the high of 2005.
- Average price has declined 2% cumulatively since 2004.
- Days on the market (93 in 2008) has declined 10% compared to 2007. It may indicates that sellers of the homes that sell price them more realistically then the year before and therefore selling them faster. The present number is 37% higher then in 2004.
Whether you are considering buying or selling Hopewell real estate, it is important to consider how the market here compares to the surrounding communities.
Here are few comparisons.
Montgomery Township real estate homes for sale sold
Average home price in 2008 declined 7% compared to 2007;
Average home price declined 9% compared to the high of 2005.
Average house price has increased cumulatively 5% since 2004.
Number of houses sold in 2008 has decreased 16% since 2007.
Pennington Real Estate homes for sale sold
Average price in 2008 has increased 14% compared to 2007.
Average price in 2008 has declined 9% compared to the high of 2005.
Average price has increased 10% cumulatively since 2004.
Number of homes sold in 2008 has decreased 23% compared to 2007.
Princeton real estate homes for sale sold
Average price in 2008 increased 10% compared to 2007
Average price increased every year since 2004. The cumulative increase is 15%.
The number of houses sold in 2008 has declined 22%
Days on the market increased 4% compared to 2007.
If you are interested in learning what your Hopewell house is worth in today’s market call us at 609-553-4175 or submit your information at What is my home worth?
Want to look for your Hopewell home? Click on the link below.
Hopewell Homes For Sale
Montgomery Township homes for sale are thought by buyers looking for highly rated Montgomery Township school district and for a large selection of homes in various price ranges and neighborhoods such as Skillman, Belle Mead, Blawenburg. Some properties in Montgomery Township have Princeton address, but the kids attend Montgomery Township schools. Here is a selection of homes available in the $750,000 – $1,000,000 price range.
Montgomery Township offers a wide variety of home styles, prices and neighborhoods such as Skillman, Bell Mead and Rocky Hill. Some Montgomery houses for sale have Princeton address, but are in Montgomery and use Montgomery Township School District. The following are the homes for sale available for less that $750,000.
New Jersey luxury homes in Montgomery Township are sought by buyers looking for the highly rated Montgomery Township schools, and availability of luxury homes both new and older estates, located in beautiful, often pastoral settings. These homes are available in the $1,000,000+ price range.
If you are buyer interested in Princeton real estate homes listed for less that $500,000 you could find them here.
New Jersey real estate buyers are interested in Luxury Hopewell real estate because of the selection of beautiful new and older estate homes. These are the luxury homes listing in Hopewell NJ.
Princeton Real Estate Homes presents the market report for the 2008. We analyzed the Princeton real estate market statistics results and compared them to previous years. Princeton real estate, unlike many places in the country, has good news to report. Thinking of selling your Princeton home soon? Looking to buy real estate in Princeton NJ ? You are in the right place. Looking to sell in Princeton NJ ?This post is for you. Here are the highlights.
Princeton real estate market 2008 highlights
- Average price of the homes sold in Princeton in 2008 was 1,006,832- a 10% increase compared to 2007. This is good news, but not an indication that if bought your home last year, you can sell it for 10% more. Read: Understanding Princeton real estate prices.
- Average price of the homes sold in Princeton in 2008 has increased 13% compared to 2005.
- Average price of homes sold in Princeton has increased every year since 2004. This is the most amazing piece of news, given what has transpired in the rest of the financial and real estate markets around the country.
- Average price of a houses sold in Princeton has increased cumulatively 30%. The largest increase of 15% compared to the previous year, has occurred in 2005.
- The number of Princeton houses sold in 2008 has decreased drastically by 22%. Princeton has not been completely immune to the bad real estate market. Compared to 2005 this decrease is a whooping 40%. Read my analysis in the upcoming post.
- Maximum Price for a Princeton house sold was $4,125,000 – the highest since 2005, and a 11% higher then in 2007.
- The number of houses listed in Princeton Township has declined more then in Princeton Borough -24% and -18% respectively.
- Days on the market has increased for Princeton Township by 14%, but declined for homes sold in the Princeton Borough by 15%. This information is relevant only if examined in conjunction with your real estate agent, who could provide insight on how this statistics is reported and develop a meaningful guide for your home.
Princeton Real Estate Housing Market 2008
Housing Categories 2005 2006 2007 2008
Units Listed 596 604 559 458
Listed Average 1,008,281 1,024,678 1,074,490 1,082,194
Pended 378 297 308 230
Units Sold 395 295 305 237
Average Sold Price 889,084 893,013 911,172 1,006,832
Average List Price 945,893 970,094 991,983 1,122,563
Max. Sold Price 4,080,195 3,340,000 3,700,000 4,125,000
Average DOM 76 94 97 101
*Data is based on Trend MLS ( 01/05/2009) and is not guaranteed